- 1 2 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package soft tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 252
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- protein 13.7 g
- carbohydrate 30.8 g
- cholesterol 13 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 853 mg
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fiber 2.7 g
- calcium 244 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta shells according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 4 minutes or until tender.
Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Spoon 1/4 cup sauce into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Spoon sauce evenly into cooked shells. Arrange shells in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese melts.