Stuffed Mushrooms With Spinach
The mushroom caps can be baked and stuffed (but not baked for the second time with the stuffing) up to 2 days in advance; refrigerate covered. Bake again just before serving. Recipe by Sara Quessenberry: November, 2010 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/stuffed-mushrooms-spinach-00000000044913/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 medium mushrooms (about 1 1â2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 5-ounce package(s) baby spinach, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) GruyÃ¨re cheese, grated (2 ounces)
- 1. Heat oven to 375° F. Remove the stems from the mushrooms; finely chop the stems and reserve. Coat a baking sheet with oil. Bake the mushroom caps, stem-side down, until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and chopped mushroom stems and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the spinach, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing, until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 3. In a bowl, combine the spinach mixture with the bread crumbs and cheese. Spoon into the mushroom caps and bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note