- 1 (16-ounce) package large mushrooms (12 mushrooms)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 48
- fat 2.9 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- protein 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 3.8 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 163 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop stems. Sprinkle salt evenly over mushrooms.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add mushroom stems, onion, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat each mushroom with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is lightly browned. Serve immediately.