Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 21 minutes
Leftover bread is used by resourceful Italian cooks to make stuffing for vegetables and meats that will be served at another meal. Look for large button mushrooms suitable for stuffing.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 48
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package large mushrooms (12 mushrooms)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Remove stems from mushrooms; finely chop stems. Sprinkle salt evenly over mushrooms.
- 3. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add mushroom stems, onion, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients.
- 4. Spoon about 2 tablespoons stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat each mushroom with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 14 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note