Fantastic. Just made for the first time, going to an appetizer party and wanted to be sure they were as good as everyone said. YES! Thanks CL and the other reviewers.
"These stuffed mushrooms are easy to make, and people have no idea that I've used lower-fat ingredients." -Tiffany Bryson, San Antonio
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 stuffed mushrooms)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 64
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 24 large button mushrooms (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces 50%-less-fat pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean 50% less fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Clean mushrooms, and remove stems; finely chop stems.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onions and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add sausage, and cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Add the reserved mushroom stems, red pepper, salt, and black pepper; sauté 2 minutes or until stems are tender. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese and breadcrumbs. Stuff 1 tablespoon sausage mixture into each mushroom cap. Arrange mushroom caps in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until lightly golden and thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note