- 2 (8 oz.) packages small white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons canned minced clams, drained
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella
- calories 279
- fat 20 g
- satfat 12 g
- protein 15 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 61 mg
- sodium 732 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove stems from all mushrooms; set aside 20 mushroom caps. Chop and combine mushroom stems and remaining whole mushrooms.
Melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Place in a bowl; stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan, cream cheese, clams, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and 1 Tbsp. parsley.
Fill mushroom caps with clam mixture. Pour 3 Tbsp. water into a baking dish and place mushrooms in a single layer; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
Bake until tender, 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.