As a gardener, I have lots of peppers to deal with. I was excited to see this recipe that used both jalapeños and pepper jelly (which I make also). The flavor of these was very good, but messy. I thought that one piece of bacon per popper was too much, so I used 1/2 a piece. Perhaps because of this, the stuffing leaked out while grilling. Next time i will use toothpicks to secure. I had leftover of the cream cheese stuffing, so I popped it in the microwave for 30 seconds and served it with the poppers as a dipping sauce. A yummy treat!
Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 24 jalapeño peppers
- 1 1/2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 bacon slices
- 1. Cut stems off peppers. Cut each pepper lengthwise down 1 side, leaving other side intact; remove seeds and membranes using a small spoon. Rinse peppers under cold water to remove any remaining seeds.
- 2. Stir together cream cheese and next 4 ingredients. Spoon cream cheese mixture into a zip-top plastic freezer bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole. Pipe a small amount of mixture into each pepper, and wrap each with 1 bacon slice. Secure with wooden picks.
- 3. Light 1 side of grill, heating to 400° to 500° (high) heat; leave other side unlit. Arrange peppers over unlit side, and grill, covered with grill lid, 22 to 25 minutes on each side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers