Stuffed Hot Peppers
Community Recipe from
- 10 or so Hungarian Wax or Bananna Peppers sliced longwise and seeded
- 10 or so Jalepeno Peppers sliced longwise and seeded
- 1 pound(s) Bulk Hot Sausage Cooked in skillet and broken into small pieces
- 2 package(s) Cream cheese
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 2 cup(s) Shredded Cheddar, Mexican, Pepper Jack or Mozzerela Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- Garlic Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Take the sausage and cook it in a skillet. Drain any grease from the skillet. Add garlic towards the end until it is slightly browned and aromatic. Turn burner down to low or medium-low and cut cream cheese into the skillet and melt it into the sausage. Turn off the burner and allow the sausage mixture to sit until you are done with preparing the peppers.
- Cut the peppers lengthwise and seed them. Make sure to take caution cutting the peppers because the heat of the peppers will stick to your fingers and you are bound to touch your body somewhere and it will burn! I plan on getting some of those thin plastic gloves to use.
- Stuff each pepper with the sausage mixture and place them on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle to your liking the following ingredients in this order: cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt (you don't have to use much of this because you have already cooked garlic into the sausage), and red pepper flakes. The peppers can be kept awhile in the refridgerator if you are not cooking them right away.
- To grill the peppers, preheat your grill on low. Place the peppers on the top rack and cook until the cheese is melted on top. The peppers probably won't take any longer than 5 minutes. My Dad has also kept the peppers on the tray and put the tray directly on the grill and cooked them that way.
- To cook the peppers in the oven, preheat your oven to 350 degrees or so (I'm kinda guessing because I normally do them on the grill) and cook them until the cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KatieMSpehar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Hot Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers