Stuffed green peppers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 large green peppers halved lengthwise & seeded
- 1/2 cup(s) water or 1/2 wine
- 1/3 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) long grain rice
- 2 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 8 ounce(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil/oregano crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Halve peppers lengthwise & remove stems, seeds & membranes.
- 2. Immerse pepper in boiling water X 3 min.
- 3. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook meat & onion til meat is brown & onion tender.
- 5. Drain off fat & rinse under hot water.
- 6. Stir in tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, Worcestershire sauce, basil/oregano & pepper. Boil & reduce heat. Cover & simmer for 15-18 min or rice is tender.
- 7. Stir in 1/2 of cheese.
- 8. Spoon meat mixture into peppers & put in baking dish.
- 9. Bake uncovered for 15 min or til heated thru.
- 10. Sprinkle with remaining cheese & let stand 1-2 min. Garnish with apple wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mimibre and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note