Stuffed green peppers
Community Recipe from
- 2 large green peppers halved lengthwise & seeded
- 1/2 cup(s) water or 1/2 wine
- 1/3 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) long grain rice
- 2 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 8 ounce(s) lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil/oregano crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 1. Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Halve peppers lengthwise & remove stems, seeds & membranes.
- 2. Immerse pepper in boiling water X 3 min.
- 3. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook meat & onion til meat is brown & onion tender.
- 5. Drain off fat & rinse under hot water.
- 6. Stir in tomatoes, uncooked rice, water, Worcestershire sauce, basil/oregano & pepper. Boil & reduce heat. Cover & simmer for 15-18 min or rice is tender.
- 7. Stir in 1/2 of cheese.
- 8. Spoon meat mixture into peppers & put in baking dish.
- 9. Bake uncovered for 15 min or til heated thru.
- 10. Sprinkle with remaining cheese & let stand 1-2 min. Garnish with apple wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mimibre and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes