Stuffed Granny Smiths With Maple Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lydia E. DeGaris
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 apple and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 69.5g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 29mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 3/4 cup dried sweet cherries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 8 Granny Smith apples (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Core apples three-fourths of the way through. (Do not cut through bottom.) Peel top half of each apple. Fill apples with cherry mixture. Place apples in a 12-inch cast-iron or heavy ovenproof skillet. Add the juice to skillet. Combine maple syrup and butter; pour over apples. Cover; bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; baste apples with juices from pan. Bake, uncovered, an additional 25 minutes or until tender. Serve with sauce.
- Note: Apples can also be baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts