Hardly any left after Mother's Day brunch at my house!
Stuffed French Toast
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jen Rotenstreich
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 16.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 447mg
- Calcium: 197mg
- 24 (1-ounce) slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups egg substitute, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- Bottled cinnamon-sugar (optional)
- Trim crusts from bread. Arrange half of the bread in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, 1 1/2 cups egg substitute, half-and-half, and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour half of milk mixture over bread in dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup egg substitute, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cheeses in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture over moist bread in dish. Top with remaining bread; pour remaining milk mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch