I've made this recipe 3 times now for family and friends and every time its a hit. The first time I made it people loved it so much, they requested it the other 2 times. I make the recipe like its shown here but add a lot more cream cheese to the slices than the recipe calls for.
Stuffed French Toast
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, cut into 18 slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Place 9 French bread slices in a single layer in the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and top with cream cheese slices. Place remaining French bread slices on top of cream cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This