I've made this recipe 3 times now for family and friends and every time its a hit. The first time I made it people loved it so much, they requested it the other 2 times. I make the recipe like its shown here but add a lot more cream cheese to the slices than the recipe calls for.
Stuffed French Toast
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf, cut into 18 slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Place 9 French bread slices in a single layer in the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and top with cream cheese slices. Place remaining French bread slices on top of cream cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note