- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of white pepper
- Dash of red pepper
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Slice hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Mash yolks in a medium mixing bowl; stir in minced mushrooms, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper, mixing until well blended.
Stuff whites with yolk mixture; press cut sides of stuffed eggs together, pressing gently to reassemble each egg. Place eggs in a lightly greased 10- x 6- x 2- inch baking dish. Arrange whole mushrooms over top. Sprinkle with half of bacon and cheese. Pour sauce over top of casserole. Sprinkle with remaining bacon.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and garnish with chopped parsley. Spoon onto serving plates, and serve warm.