Stuffed Date Drops
- 2 (8-ounce) packages pitted dates
- 4 dozen walnut halves
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Browned Butter Frosting
- Stuff dates with walnut halves.
- Beat shortening and brown sugar in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer 5 minutes or until fluffy; add egg, beating until blended.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; add to shortening mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add stuffed dates, stirring gently until coated. Place dates, 1 at a time, on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake dates at 375° for 10 to 13 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool. Spread Browned Butter Frosting evenly over each date.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts