Stuffed Date Cookies
- 2 (8-ounce) packages pitted dates
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
- Stuff each date with a pecan half, and set aside.
- Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg; beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in prepared dates.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets, allowing 1 date per cookie. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This