- 3 medium cucumbers
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash cucumbers, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Chop pulp, and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; drain well, reserving 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Sauté onion and reserved cucumber pulp in bacon drippings until tender. Add tomato, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Place cucumber shells in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Spoon mixture into shells; top with bacon. Pour water around cucumbers. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until cucumbers are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This