Stuffed Cucumber Boats - Salmon & Crab Meat Filling
Have extra cucumbers from your garden and don't know what to do with them?! Well this is a great cold appetizer recipe that will please any pallet on a hot summer day. This recipe is very versatile in that the cucumbers can be stuffed with a number of fillings. Just check to see what you have in the fridge! I used two types of fillings on this one; a Lemon Broiled Salmon Cream Cheese Filling with Fresh Oregano & a Crab, Jalapeno & Cream Cheese Filling topped with Shredded Cheddar. Indulge!
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 6-8 whole(s) cucumber peeled; seeded; cut in thirds
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 4 whole(s) salmon fillets (4-6 ounces)
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 slice(s) lemons cut in half
- 2-3 dash(es) black pepper
- 2 dash(es) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup(s) crab meat
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers diced
- 3 pinch(s) fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- PREPARE CUCUMBERS: Cut off ends. Peel & Cut Cucumber in half. Remove Seeds. Then Cut each half into thirds. (about 1-2 inches long depending on size of cucumbers) Set on a foil covered tray and place in the refrigerator until ready to stuff.
- 1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Thaw Salmon fillets & place on broiler pan.
- 2.) Season Salmon with Black Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes. Spread 1 TBSP of Butter per Fillet. Cut Lemon, place 2 slices on each Fillet. Cook for about 7 minutes or until Salmon flakes apart.
- 3.) Soften Cream Cheese either by allowing it to sit out or via microwave. Divide in half and place each half in 2 separate bowls.
- 4.) Add Crab Meat to one bowl along with the Jalapeno Pepper. Mix well with fork.
- 5.) Remove Salmon from oven when done. Allow time to cool. Remove skin from fillets & place lemon slices aside. Add Salmon to the other bowl. Mix with the Cream Cheese, Fresh Oregano, & squeeze extra lemon juice into mixture.
- 6.) Stuff the Cucumber boats with the fillings. (Optional: top with Shredded Cheddar Cheese) Place in the fridge until ready to eat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lspehar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes