Community Recipe from
- 10 Clams Scrubbed, cleaned
- 1/2 Onion Chopped fine
- 1 stalk(s) Celery Chopped fine
- 1 clove(s) Garlic Chopped fine
- 1/2 stick(s) Chorizo Chopped fine
- 4 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) Crushed red pepper
- 1-2 cup(s) Plain dried bread crumbs
- Heat 1 inch of water in a large pot until boiling.
- Add clams and steam for 10 minutes or until they open.
- If clams do not open it means they are no good and should not be eaten.
- Remove clams from pan and set aside to cool slightly. Retain cooking liquid.
- Chop clams except for the foot. Retain six large shells.
- Melt butter and sauté onion, garlic, celery and chorizo until soft.
- Add 2 ladles of cooking liquid to pan.
- Add bread crumbs and chopped clams and mix.
- Add more cooking liquid and/or breadcrumbs until at the right consistency.
- Stuff mixture into shells, mounding and shaping the mixture into place.
- Wrap tightly with Saran wrap until ready to cook.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Increase baking time if frozen.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Increase baking time if frozen.
- Tip for cleaning clams. Place clams in cold water and add 1/2 cup of cornmeal. Mix vigorously with your hands. Let stand in refrigerator 1 hour. Rinse and repeat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarenEthier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Clams Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes