It was great! My husband made it, so I can't say what changes he might have made, but it was delish.
Stuffed Chicken with Rosemary Polenta
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 704
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 67g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Sodium: 1681mg
- Cholesterol: 183mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (8 oz. each)
- 4 slices (4 oz. total) Italian fontina cheese
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened and starting to brown, 4 minutes. Add lemon juice, spinach, and 1/4 tsp. salt; cook until slightly wilted, 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 2. Bring 4 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil. Cover; turn off heat. Meanwhile, cut chicken breast from the side, stopping halfway through; unfold to lay flat. Place each between 2 pieces plastic wrap and, with a mallet or small saucepan, pound until 1/4 to 1/2 in. thick.
- 3. In frying pan, cook chicken in 2 batches, 1 tbsp. oil per batch, until brown on 1 side. Sprinkle each with 1/4 tsp. salt and transfer, uncooked side up, to a cutting board. Scoop 1/4 cup spinach mixture onto half of each breast, then top with a cheese slice. Fold chicken over filling like a taco shell; press to close.
- 4. Return chicken to pan (with juices) and bake until cooked through and cheese is melted, 10 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile, return water to a boil. Add polenta and cook, stirring constantly, until softened, 10 minutes. Stir in butter and rosemary. Divide polenta among 4 plates and top each with a chicken breast. Spoon broth over chicken.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note