- 1 6.5-ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 baguette slices, toasted (optional)
- calories 301
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- protein 38 g
- carbohydrate 7 g
- sugars 3 g
- fiber 1 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 3 g
- sodium 699 mg
- cholesterol 96 mg
How to Make It
Mix the artichokes, parmesan, and 1 tablespoon of the thyme in a small bowl.
Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Stuff a quarter of the artichoke mixture into each pocket. Rub the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. Grill the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
Mix the tomatoes, shallot, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil and thyme in a large bowl.
Slice the chicken, if desired, and serve with the tomato salad and baguette slices, if using.
Substitution: If you don't care for artichokes, try stuffing the chicken breasts with one of the following: olive tapenade; Feta and pine nuts; or roasted red peppers and Parmesan.