Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Marasala Cream Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 46.0g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 3.0mg
- Sodium: 815mg
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced shallot (about 1 small)
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 (1.8-ounce) package white cream sauce mix (such as Knorr)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook 6 minutes. Add spinach and parsley; cook 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs, egg white, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange chicken breasts between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet.
- Spoon mushroom mixture onto center of chicken breasts. Roll up and secure with wooden picks. Dredge chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook 5 minutes, turning frequently, until browned. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until done.
- Add wine to pan; cook 2 minutes over medium heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Whisk together cream sauce mix, broth, and milk; add to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice.
- Remove wooden picks from chicken; cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Spoon sauce onto serving plates; arrange chicken over sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This