Stuffed Chicken Breast with Artichoke hearts and Goat cheese
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil divided
- 3/4 cup(s) frozen artichoke hearts thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) minced shallots (3)
- 1/4 cup(s) goat cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon(s) herb de provence or thyme divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper divided
- 4 chicken breasts halves skinned and boned
- 1 cup(s) fat free less sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon(s) corn starch
- fresh parsley chopped
- lemon rind strips optional
- Heat 1 tsp oil in non stick skillet over med. heat. Add artichokes and shallots, saute 4 min. Remove from pan, cool. Stir in cheese, 1/2 tsp herbes de provence, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Cut a horizontal slit thru thickest portion of each breasst half to form a pocket. Stuff 2 T. artichoke mixture into each pocket.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over med heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper, saute 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add 1/2 tsp herbes de provence and broth to pan, bring to a boil. Combine juice and cornstarch; add to broth mixture, stirring with a whisk. Cook 1 minute until thick. Return chicken to pan, cover and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish with parsley and lemon strips.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janebanta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Artichoke hearts and Goat cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes