I made these appetizers at my New Year's Eve party, and they were a big hit...even for people who don't care for tomatoes (like me). They were very nice looking on a serving platter as well. The biggest issue I had was getting them all to stay standing up... I will definitely be making again.
Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Make these stuffed cherry tomatoes as an appetizer for your next party. Your guests will love the colorful bite-sized treats.
More From Southern Living
Drain: 15 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut a small slice from the top of each tomato; scoop out pulp with a small spoon or melon baller, and discard pulp. Place tomatoes, cut sides down, on paper towels, and let drain 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine avocado and lemon juice in a small bowl, stirring gently; drain. Stir together mayonnaise, bacon, and green onions; add avocado mixture, and stir gently until combined.
- 3. Spoon avocado mixture evenly into tomato shells. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note