I made the recipe exactly. It was great until I added the 4th egg and then it became a bit soupie - not like puff dough at all. I thought I had made a mistake when I printed out the recipe - so went back on-line to read the recipe again. I hadn't so - I added another 1/4 cup flour and 1 teaspoon for rosemary and I used a blend for 4 shredded chesses. I also used salted butter too. The first batch I baked on the baking sheet were horrible and flat. So - I threw them out. The next batch I put into my mini muffin pan and they came out terrific. I made another half batch to replace the ones I had tossed. They were perfect I definitely recommend using a mini muffin pan. Mine is silicone and is great for these. Also, I did not toss out the inside of the putt, just added the shrimp filling on top of it. My guests loved them. I will definitely make them again and for certain sure use my mini muffin pan to bake them from the beginning.
Stuffed Cheese Puffs
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Gruyère
- Crab salad, sautéed mushrooms or other filling, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter 2 large baking sheets.
- Bring 1 cup water, butter, salt and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Add flour; beat with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl. With electric mixer on high speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat until mixture is smooth and has cooled. Beat in cheese.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture 1 inch apart on baking sheets. With dampened fingers, smooth tops. Bake until puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on pans on wire racks. Slice off top third; discard doughy centers. Fill, if desired, and replace tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers