Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 head(s) GREEN CABBAGE
- 1 & 1/2 pound(s) LEAN GROUND BEEF
- 1 SLIGHTLY BEATEN EGG
- 1 LARGE GRATED ONION
- 1/4 cup(s) RAW WHITE RICE (NOT INSTANT)
- 1 slice(s) BREAD SOAKED IN 2 TBLS. WATER
- SALT AND PEPPER
- GARLIC POWDER
- 2 LARGE SLICED ONIONS
- 1 6 OZ. CAN TOMATO PASTE MIXED WITH 6 OZ. WATER
- 1 15 OZ. CAN PLAIN TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 -1 & 1/2 JUICE OF 1-2 LEMONS
- 3/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1 CUP WHITE RAISINS
- 6 GINGER SNAPS
- 1 BAY LEAF
- Put cabbage in boiling water for a few minutes until pliable...separate leaves...squeeze water from soaked bread and combine with remaining filling ingredients...to make the rolls, put some filling in center or end of leaf and roll up...if need to, use toothpick to hold in place...add small meatballs of leftover filling...place onions and leftover cabbage in bottom of large pot...scatter raisins and crumbled ginger snaps...combine sugar and lemon juice with tomato paste mixture in large measuring cup...add to pot, along with tomato sauce and bay leaf...place cabbage rolls on top of sauce, seam side down...if meatballs, scatter them amongst rolls...bring to simmer and cook covered for 1 hour and 45 minutes...I KEEP TASTING SAUCE AND CORRECTING BROWN SUGAR/LEMON COMBINATION FOR PERFECT SWEET/SOUR TASTE. Rolls are done with cabbage is soft.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Joykahn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
STUFFED CABBAGE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes