Our family staple burger recipe. We've got it memorized. Just make sure you seal the patties good
Stuffed Border Burgers
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 6 onion rolls, split and toasted
- Tex-Mex Secret Sauce
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, guacamole
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Shape mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties. Fold cheese slices into quarters; place cheese on each of 6 patties. Top with remaining 6 patties, pressing to seal edges.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve on rolls with Tex-Mex Secret Sauce and desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Fajita Seasoning and Sargento Monterey Jack Cheese With Peppers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note