Our family staple burger recipe. We've got it memorized. Just make sure you seal the patties good
Stuffed Border Burgers
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 6 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 6 onion rolls, split and toasted
- Tex-Mex Secret Sauce
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, guacamole
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Shape mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties. Fold cheese slices into quarters; place cheese on each of 6 patties. Top with remaining 6 patties, pressing to seal edges.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve on rolls with Tex-Mex Secret Sauce and desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Fajita Seasoning and Sargento Monterey Jack Cheese With Peppers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes