Stuffed Bell Peppers With Ham
- 6 medium-size green peppers
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground, cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium-size green peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon fine dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- Cut off tops of 6 green peppers; discard tops and seeds. Cook peppers 4 minutes in boiling salted water to cover; drain and set aside.
- Sauté ham in butter in a skillet until browned, stirring occasionally. Add onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook over medium heat until tender. Add tomato; simmer over low heat 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 cups breadcrumbs. Add whipping cream, green onion tops, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Stuff mixture into green peppers; top with remaining breadcrumbs. Place in a lightly greased, shallow baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note