Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large green or red bell peppers
- 1 cup(s) brown rice cooked
- 1 pound(s) 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 0.5 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with italian seasoning
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce to cover the bottom of the dish
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place in a casserole dish - the bottom of the dish should be covered with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- In a pan, add canola oil and sautee the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes). Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the ground turkey and brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked ground turkey, brown rice, and diced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop mixture into each bell pepper half.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. If desired, uncover, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sherry3456 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note