Stuffed Bell Peppers
Stuffed bell pepper recipe that incorporates protein, starch, and veggies. From SparkPeople Recipes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 large green or red bell peppers
- 1 cup(s) brown rice cooked
- 1 pound(s) 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 0.5 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with italian seasoning
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce to cover the bottom of the dish
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place in a casserole dish - the bottom of the dish should be covered with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- In a pan, add canola oil and sautee the onions until translucent (5-7 minutes). Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the ground turkey and brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked ground turkey, brown rice, and diced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop mixture into each bell pepper half.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. If desired, uncover, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sherry3456 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note