Stuffed Banana Peppers
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 large sweet banana peppers
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pickle
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 small hot peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bacon
- Slit each banana pepper lengthwise, and carefully remove seeds. Wash and set aside.
- Combine next 8 ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Stuff each banana pepper with cheese mixture. Wrap a bacon slice around each stuffed pepper, securing well with a wooden pick.
- Place peppers on a well greased rack in broiler pan. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Serving Suggestions: Stuffed Banana Peppers may be served with Dill Sauce, Fresh Tomato Sauce, or any sour cream sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers