This was wonderful, I used some Colby and Jack cheese along with the Cheddar and was great. Was doing outside entertaining so used the grill to cook them and it worked perfect and added a smoky flavor to them.
Stuffed Banana Peppers
- 6 to 8 large banana peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 16 bacon slices
- Cut a slit lengthwise in each banana pepper, cutting to, but not through, other side. Remove seeds.
- Combine cheese and next 6 ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into each pepper, and wrap each with 2 bacon slices; secure with wooden picks. Place peppers on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note