This was wonderful, I used some Colby and Jack cheese along with the Cheddar and was great. Was doing outside entertaining so used the grill to cook them and it worked perfect and added a smoky flavor to them.
Stuffed Banana Peppers
Filled with cheese and wrapped in crispy bacon, Stuffed Banana Peppers are the perfect appetizer for entertaining guests at your next cookout or neighborhood gathering.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 to 8 large banana peppers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 to 16 bacon slices
- Cut a slit lengthwise in each banana pepper, cutting to, but not through, other side. Remove seeds.
- Combine cheese and next 6 ingredients. Spoon mixture evenly into each pepper, and wrap each with 2 bacon slices; secure with wooden picks. Place peppers on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note