Made these last night and they were really good, even though I didn't have any bacon. I'm sure bacon would have made them even better! I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Stuffed Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Photo: Antonis Achilleos
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 564
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Sodium: 1097mg
- 4 sweet potatoes (8 to 10 oz. each)
- 4 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, patted dry and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar
- 1. Pierce potatoes all over with a fork and place in a shallow microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave on high, turning every 2 minutes, until tender, about 10 minutes total. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Halve potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out flesh into a large bowl, leaving shells of about 1/4-inch thickness. Place shells, cut sides up, on a baking sheet; bake until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir bacon, sour cream, tomatoes, scallions, salt and half of cheese into bowl with potato flesh. Spoon filling into shells, sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven. Bake until cheese is bubbling, about 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes