Stuffed Artichokes Sicilian
- 6 artichokes
- 1 1/2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Lemon twists
- Wash artichokes by plunging up and down in cold water. Cut off stem end, and trim 1/2 inch from top of each artichoke. Remove any loose bottom leaves. With scissors, trim away one-fourth of each outer leaf.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, and oregano; mix well. Spread leaves of each artichoke apart, and spoon breadcrumb stuffing onto leaves.
- Place stuffed artichokes in a large Dutch oven with about 3 inches of water. Pour vegetable oil evenly over tops of artichokes. Cover and cook over medium heat 1 hour.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer artichokes to a serving platter, and garnish with lemon twists.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This