- 1 pound ground sirlon
- 2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 3/4 cups bottled tomato-basil or marinara pasta sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie or French rolls, split down the top, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- Combine meat, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce, and salt; mix well. Shape mixture into 12 balls.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; saute 5 minutes or until browned. Add bell pepper and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining pasta sauce. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until meatballs are done.medium- low . Spoon meatball mixture into rolls; top with cheese and, if desired, basil. Llet stand 1 minute before serving to melt cheese slightly. Makes 4 servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches