Prep: 20 minutes; Cook: 16 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 849mg
- Calcium: 226mg
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 3/4 cups tomato-and-basil pasta sauce (such as Classico), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 4 (6-inch) hoagie or French bread rolls, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 1. Combine sirloin, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup sauce, and salt in a bowl; shape mixture into 12 (1-inch) meatballs.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Drain well. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- 3. Return meatballs to the pan over medium-high heat. Add green bell pepper and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Add 1 1/2 cups sauce; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon meatball mixture into rolls; top with mozzarella cheese and, if desired, basil. Let stand 1 minute before serving to melt cheese.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 5g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes