A good recipe with good use of my favorite ingredient, pepperoni. I also love this pepperoni recipe: http://surerecipe.com/PepperoniPizzaRoll.aspx
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.94
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 729
- Fat: 42g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 393mg
- 1 (13.2 oz.) tube Italian bread dough
- 8 ounces mozzarella, shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 4 ounces sliced boiled ham
- 1 cup drained roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 2 cups cooked green beans or other vegetable, patted dry
- 4 ounces sliced soppressata or other salami
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Unroll dough and place on work surface. Being careful not to tear dough, stretch with hands to a 16-by-9-inch rectangle. Layer ingredients down length of dough, in the center, in following order (overlapping as necessary): half of mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, peppers, green beans and soppressata. Finish with remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle oregano on cheese.
- Bring long edges of dough over filling and position so edges overlap in center. Trim ends with a knife and pinch to seal edges. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and brush with oil. Cut 6 little slits on top with a small knife for ventilation.
- Bake until puffed and evenly golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Before serving, trim a tiny slice from each end and discard. Cut stromboli into 4 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note