- 1 (13.2 oz.) tube Italian bread dough
- 8 ounces mozzarella, shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 4 ounces sliced boiled ham
- 1 cup drained roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 2 cups cooked green beans or other vegetable, patted dry
- 4 ounces sliced soppressata or other salami
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- calories 729
- fat 42 g
- satfat 16 g
- protein 38 g
- carbohydrate 53 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 105 mg
- sodium 393 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Unroll dough and place on work surface. Being careful not to tear dough, stretch with hands to a 16-by-9-inch rectangle. Layer ingredients down length of dough, in the center, in following order (overlapping as necessary): half of mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, peppers, green beans and soppressata. Finish with remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle oregano on cheese.
Bring long edges of dough over filling and position so edges overlap in center. Trim ends with a knife and pinch to seal edges. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and brush with oil. Cut 6 little slits on top with a small knife for ventilation.
Bake until puffed and evenly golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Before serving, trim a tiny slice from each end and discard. Cut stromboli into 4 equal portions.