Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2 cup(s) Raw vegetables (peppers, onions, mushrooms) Chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Kalamata olives Drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Capers Drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried Italian herb blend
- Salt and ground pepper
- 20 ounce(s) Ball pizza dough
- 10 ounce(s) Sliced deli meat
- 1 cup(s) Grated provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium high, heat the oil. Add the vegetables and garlic, sauté until tender and any liquid has evaporated, 5-10 minutes depending on your choice of vegetables. Stir in the olives, capers, and herb blend. Season with slt and pepper, then set aside to cool slightly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-by-16 inch rectangle. Arrange the sliced meat over the dough, leaving a 1 inch border on the longer sides, as well as the end farthest from you spread the cooked vegetables over the meat, then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Starting with the side closest to you, roll the Stromboli up like a log. Pinch the and ends to seal. Transfer the log to the prepared baking sheet with the seam on th bottom. Using a paring knife, make three deep slits in the top of the loaf.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Allow the Stromboli to rest for 20 minutes while the oven heats.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted at the center reads 180 degrees. The outside should be golden brown and should sound hollow when tapped. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stromboli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers