This was fantastic. I used grilled swordfish in lieu of the bass and it was fantastic. I will make this again and again this summer. So easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand.
Striped Bass with Lemon-Caper Salt
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 191
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 447mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 6 (6-ounce) striped bass or other lean white fish fillets
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°.
- 2. Carefully remove rind from lemon using a vegetable peeler; reserve lemon for another use. Coarsely chop rind. Place rind and capers on a baking sheet; bake at 300° for 15 minutes. Let caper mixture stand 10 minutes; finely chop. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with caper mixture. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This