Streuseled Sweet Potato Casserole
- 14 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato (about 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375Â°.
- Place potato in a Dutch oven, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine the half-and-half and next 4 ingredients (half-and-half through egg) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add potato to egg mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spoon potato mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine flour and sugar in a food processor; pulse to combine. Add chilled butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375Â° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until the topping is browned and the potatoes are thoroughly heated.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jenkoz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Streuseled Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables