We really liked this recipe. I didn't have any raisins so I used dried cranberries which were really good.
Streusel-Topped Peach Pie
A crisp streusel topping studded with raisins perfectly compliments the sweet sliced peaches . Serve this delicious peach dessert with vanilla ice cream sprinkled with toasted pecans. Tip - reserve part of the dough for the streusel.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 330
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 63.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, divided
- 6 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt in food processor; pulse 2 times or until combined. Add butter; pulse 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly pour ice water and vinegar through food chute, processing just until blended (do not allow dough to form a ball).
- Remove two-thirds of dough and press into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap. (Leave remaining dough in processor.) Cover dough with 2 additional sheets of overlapping plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, into an 11-inch circle. Place rolled dough in freezer 5 minutes or until plastic wrap can be easily removed. Remove top sheets of plastic wrap; fit dough, plastic wrap side up, into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Fold edges under; flute. Set aside.
- Add oats, brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of cloves to the dough in processor; pulse several times or until crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1/3 cup flour, peaches, granulated sugar, raisins, juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and a dash of cloves in a large saucepan; let stand 10 minutes. Place pan over medium heat; cook 10 minutes or until peaches are soft, stirring occasionally. Spoon peach mixture into crust. Top with oat mixture. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until top is browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note