- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 3 cups peeled, chopped cooking apple
- 2 cups peeled, chopped pear
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- calories 320
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 10.1 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 5.1 g
- carbohydrate 54.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 121 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1 cup flour, salt, and oil; stir until crumbly. Combine water and 1 teaspoon lemon juice; sprinkle evenly over surface of flour mixture, and toss with a fork until mixture is crumbly. (Do not form a ball.) Press into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap; cover with additional plastic wrap. Roll into an 11-inch circle.
Remove top sheet of plastic wrap. Invert dough into a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray; remove remaining plastic wrap. Fold edges of pastry under, and flute. Line pastry with wax paper; fill with pie weights. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Remove wax paper and weights; prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake 6 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Toss fruit with remaining lemon juice; add flour mixture, and stir. Spoon into pastry. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Place oats in container of an electric blender; process until ground. Combine oats, remaining sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle over fruit, and bake 30 minutes. Let cool completely.