This was very easy to make and the coffee cake itself was delicious. I plan on making it again, but using a different crumb topping.
Streusel Coffee Cake
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Crumb Topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- 2. Sift together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts. Pour batter into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan; sprinkle with Crumb Topping.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 20 minutes before serving.
Note: Total time includes preparation of Crumb Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch