Streusel Apple-Pie Cookies
Community Recipe from
- For The Cookies
- 1 cup(s) shortening
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup(s) white flour
- 3 medium apples peeled, cored and finely diced
- For The Streusel
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 4 1/2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1/2 cup(s) jarred caramel sundae sauce
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly coat with baking spray.
- To make the cookie dough, in a large bowl use an electric mixer to cream together the shortening, the sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Scrap the bowl with a silicone spatula.
- Beat in the egg and egg yolks, scraping the bowl as needed. Beat in the baking powder and flour, scraping the bowl again as needed. Mix in the apples. Refrigerate the bowl of dough for 30 minutes.
- While the dough chills, heat the oven to 375.
- Meanwhile, make the streusel toping. In a food processor combine the rolled oats, both sugars, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Pulse 2 to 3 times, or enough to just chop the oats. Drizzle in the melted butter, then pulse 1 to 2 times to just mix. set aside.
- Drop 1-tablespoon balls of the chilled dough on the prepared cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each. Use your fingers to slightly flatten each cookie; they may be sticky.
- Carefully sprinkle streusel mixture over each cookie. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Be sure to let the baking sheets cool between batches.
- Just before serving drizzle each cookie with caramel sauce.
- Makes 42 to 45 cookies
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BrandiSanders28 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note