Do you have to use dry red Zinfandel ??
Strawberry Zinfandel Trifle
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 3.3g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 166mg
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- 1 1/2 cups dry red Zinfandel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart sliced strawberries
- 1 plain or lemon-flavored pound cake (1 lb.)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- A few whole strawberries, rinsed
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring wine and 1/3 cup sugar to a boil. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and sliced strawberries. Let cool about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cut cake into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then into 1 1/2- by 2-inch pieces.
- 3. In a bowl, with a mixer on high, beat cream and remaining sugar until soft peaks form.
- 4. Arrange a third of the cake in the bottom of a 2 1/2- to 3-quart straight-sided glass dish. Spoon a third of the sliced berries and wine over the top. Spread about a third of the whipped cream over berries. Repeat layers twice, ending with cream.
- 5. Cover trifle loosely and chill at least 2 hours or up to 1 day. Garnish with whole berries. Scoop down into layers to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts