Andee Zetterbaum made this tangy no-bake pie for her mother's birthday one year during a heat wave.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 258
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 4.6g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sodium: 165mg
- Cholesterol: 7.4mg
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope (1/4 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (9 in.)
- 1/2 cup miniature or regular chocolate chips
- 1. Coarsely chop about half the strawberries, to equal 1 1/2 cups chopped berries (reserve remaining ones for garnish). In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium heat, stir chopped strawberries, sugar, and gelatin until gelatin and sugar are dissolved and mixture is boiling. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt, vanilla, and orange peel until well blended (chunks of strawberries will be visible). Pour into pie crust.
- 2. Chill until set, at least 6 hours, or cover with plastic wrap and chill up to 1 day. Just before serving, sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top of pie. Slice remaining strawberries. Cut pie into wedges; serve with sliced berries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note