Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits
Berries can be a splurge early in the season, but if you can wait to buy them until just before the market closes, farmers may sometimes drop their prices. (Of course, they may also run out!)
More From Sunset
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 9.7g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sodium: 30mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- 3 pts. strawberries, plus 3 halved berries for garnish
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1. Slice tops off 3 pts. strawberries and cut lengthwise into wedges. Toss with brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. lemon zest in a medium bowl. Let sit at room temperature until juicy, about 20 minutes, or chill 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk cream and powdered sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining 1/2 tsp. zest and the yogurt. Cover and chill until used, up to 2 hours.
- 3. Divide half of strawberry mixture among 6 parfait glasses. Top with half of cream mixture, dividing equally. Repeat layering and garnish with strawberry halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This