I have made this cake once. It was just ok. Maybe a little more strawberry swirl would help.
Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup strawberry glaze
- 1 (6-inch) wooden skewer
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese, beating until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 2. Gradually add flour to butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Stir in almond and vanilla extracts. Pour one-third of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (14-cup) tube pan (about 2 2/3 cups batter). Dollop 8 rounded teaspoonfuls strawberry glaze over batter, and swirl with wooden skewer. Repeat procedure once, and top with remaining third of batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Note: We tested with Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note