Strawberry-Swirl Frozen Pie
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 237
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 40.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 157mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- 40 reduced-calorie vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups strawberry low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place cookies in a food processor; process until crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, margarine, and egg white; pulse 5 times or just until moist. Press crumb mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes; cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Freeze piecrust 30 minutes.
- Place an extra-large bowl in freezer. Remove yogurt from freezer; let stand at room temperature while crust is cooling.
- Combine strawberries and 3 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl; stir well. Let stand 20 minutes or until juicy. Wipe out food processor bowl with a paper towel. Add sugared strawberries, and process just until finely chopped.
- Spoon yogurt into chilled extra-large bowl; fold in strawberry mixture until well-blended. Freeze 30 minutes or just until set but not solid.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into prepared crust; freeze until set. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Place pie in refrigerator 30 minutes before serving to soften. Serve with whipped topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry-Swirl Frozen Pie Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts