- 1 quart strawberry-sour cream ice cream (see notes)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups quartered strawberries
- Gingersnap cookies (optional)
- calories 476
- caloriesfromfat 51 %
- protein 4.3 g
- fat 27 g
- satfat 15 g
- carbohydrate 57 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- sodium 131 mg
- cholesterol 61 mg
How to Make It
Scoop firm ice cream into bowls (1- to 1 1/2-cup size). Place in freezer.
In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium heat, stir pecans in butter until golden beneath skins, 3 to 5 minutes. Add brown sugar and stir until incorporated into butter, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and gently stir in strawberries.
Spoon berry mixture equally over ice cream in bowls. Serve with gingersnaps.