I served this salad as a part of an Easter brunch for family and it was a very satisfying part of the meal. I did make a few changes: 1) I used an herbed spring salad mix; 2) I added shredded rotisserie chicken (room temperature) & 3) Added 1 1/2 tbsp. mustard seeds and 1 elephant garlic clove (minced) to the salad dressing and allowed it to sit overnight in the fridge prior to mixing the salad. I forgot the pine nuts, but I do think they would enhance the overall dish (adding a nice crunch). So very simple & easy to put together and a nice highlight of fresh spring / early summer flavors. I would absolutely make again for an easy "no cook" option in the hot summer months. Total time to make if you pre-slice the berries & had the chicken pre-shredded = 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Strawberry Spring Salad
This delicious and colorful strawberry salad features fresh strawberries, Italian-blend salad greens, and pine nuts tossed in a homemade vinaigrette dressing.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups salad and 1 teaspoon nuts)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 98
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 14.3g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 76mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 (10-ounce) bag Italian-blend salad greens (about 6 cups)
- 4 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- Combine first 6 ingredients, and stir well with a whisk.
- Combine strawberries and greens. Add vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note